Monday, August 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I made it! I went five weeks without a hug or a kiss from my husband, without my best friends shoulders to cry on, without a word of advice form my mom, or a nod of appreciation from my dad. I missed the fourth of July my favorite holiday. I missed Wake boarding with my friends, I missed watching my baby sisters eyes light up in the new Harry Potter movie, I missed watching movies with my sweet husband on the couch, I missed my freakin bed, and most of all I missed my life....But it was worth it. It was worth the sacrifice. I left everything for an adventure ll my own and although it was hard to be alone and cut off from everything that defines me. I was still me. I became more of myself than I have ever been. I grew up at the age of 23. I thought I was all grown up, I thought; I am a married woman of three years, I am a friend, a sister, a student, all the things you would think a grown up is. However something happens when you do something you have always wanted, something that has been on your life long list of things to do. When you cross that goal off your list, the feeling of accomplishment is like none other. The knowledge that with the support and love of those around you, you tried and succeed. I reached and did not fall short. Its a pretty fabulous feeling. I saw things I never dreamed I would see. I felt Van Gogh paintings tell a story through my emotions. I saw the way the light glides over the smooth marble of the Winged Victory. I walked through candlelight in a french chateau. I Climbed to the top of a Gothic cathedral to see the view. I sketched the Eiffel tower. I survived London Tower. I saw Phantom Of the Opera. I experienced the luck of the Irish. I ate my weight in Scones and Cream. I had the time of my life, and I am so happy to be home. To eat Cafe Rio, to kiss husband every night, to be understood when I speak, and to have the luxuries of our amazing country. To know I was missed, and be greeted with Flowers, a clean car, a groomed husband, and a home made jewelry box. Seeing the world is unthinkably divine, but there is nothing like coming home to the place you love the most. Theres no place like home.

4 comments:

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

I am glad you are home! See.. I commented!

The Gruwells said...

I LOVE YOU FOR BEING HOME!! I missed your guts!!

Meganps said...

yay for being home! we all missed you like crazy and i had so much fun hanging out with you for a few days when you arrived! thanks for being such a great friend. oh and we are trying to figure out when to come visit. hopefully it won't be in 3 months.

Mike and Jess said...

I am so glad you are home also! I missed this blog! Your other one was great, but this is the Megan I love!