Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sha la la la la

I love how when you hear a song it will flash you back to a certain place and time. I can't help but stop and reminisce....

Suddenly its 8th grade and I am laying in front of my boom box and staring at the cd insert and wishing with all my heart that JC Chavez secretly knows how beautiful our babies would be.

Hearing Blink 182 in the Wendy's parking lot with my best friend and her way cool older friends

Eating a #2 meal from McDonald's with my best friend, listening to Van Halen in my favorite ACDC shirt. Skipping school and feeling like the coolest thing to hit Alta.

Driving in the car with my first boyfriend wearing his cowboy hat and singing my favorite song with all the best actions I can muster while the sweet summer sunset lights up the car as he smiles at me like there is nothing better.

Dancing as provocatively as possible in front of my dining room window while avoiding homework like the plague with my best friends. In the cold cold Logan winter. (Jazz Hands) ......I just died in your arms tonight!

Finding myself in a relationship I didn't know I was in due to the most obnoxious song Jimmy Fallon ever wrote. It still makes me smile.

Dancing with my sweetie at our wedding, feeling the sweet bliss and excitement of a new life. relishing in the moment and pleading with heaven to let it last just a second longer.

Being halfway across the world, standing in a sacred place and singing a beautiful hymn. Hearing the sweet harmony of three different languages and feeling my saviors embrace. Knowing that although the 5500 mile distance from my family feels far, its nothing compared to the eternity I have to share with them.

Cheesy as this may be, I can't help but love those moments. I love feeling swept away and feeling that little warm and bubbly even if for a moment. Its things like this that get me through the day.

4 comments:

Meganps said...

not gonna lie, i got a little bit teary reading that part about the hymn in a different country. And I love that I could remember almost all of those experiences (sans high school ha!)

ps - you and jc would have had beautiful babies. for real.

The Gruwells said...

lova you

Amber said...

This is great. I really like it.

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

I do this all of the time... I miss the good ole days! Loves.