Monday, September 13, 2010

Epiphany!

It has recently been brought to my attention that my backpack is especially nerdy. It appears as if I am about to scale a mountain or go backpacking in the Catskills. Everyone agrees...I have a serious backpack. Problem is apparently in my major...everyone is too cool for backpacks. They all carry fabulous carryall bags or chic patterned bags. I am the outsider. I never even realized due to the fact that I am usually running in seconds before class starts and desperately trying to maintain composure.
A lovely man with long curly locks of hair and skinny pants made a verbal note of it.
Talk about embarrassing, a man who looks better in skin tight pants than I do, called me out on a fashion faux pas.

I decided I can't just go get some kind of bag because I am way too in love with all the pockets and waterproofedness and comfy totability.
I sat and I thought....and thought.....and thought. Then it hit me like lightening.

Diaper bags!!

They have ample pockets, waterproofing, storage, will fit my laptop, and are freaking adorable!
I am a convert...I don't care that I dont have kids...I will never be ashamed of carrying
a diaper bag in substitution of a backpack.
now the only problem is getting hubs to agree that hundreds of dinero
is totally worth it for this:

6 comments:

Meganps said...

that just might be the cutest bag i've ever seen. let's work together to convince the husbs that we need them. and i'll pretend mine is for a legitimate reason too.

randj said...

Megs all I have to say is that I love you. You are hilarious...

randj said...

and I LOVE that bag

Unknown said...

That bag is adorable. I love it. I have a regular old backpack too. But science kids don't mock backpacks...we're generally far more nerdy than our backbacks.

The Gruwells said...

you crack me up... done done and done.

Evans not Evens lol said...

That is the cutest bag I want one lol