Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wonder!

Sometimes I do things just for fun. Well prior to the occasion I think it will be so fun! Then while doing all the work prior to it I WONDER what in the world was I thinking? I hate it. Then d day comes, and I am so happy I did it! What am I talking about you ask? Well last Friday, my freaking awesome friends, Kylee and Jess and I hosted a party for IDSA. Which is the Interior Design student association. Well it was a smashing success let me tell you. What happens when three fabulous designers get to gether to throw an event in less than 24 hours you ask?
nothing but incredible awesomeness!


If you havent guessed, the theme was Alice in Wonderland!


This is the awesome table.....description please?
WHIMSEY!


at the entrance to the party we had this cute little table with Jones soda that we wrapped in adorable paper and little sugar cookies in cellophane bags each with a tag that said Drink Me, and Eat me. Just like at the beginning of Alice!


This is a shot of the whole shebang! We had Alice In wonderland playing on the flat screens and all the lights dimmed except for the center aisle where you walked through rows of curly willow...like going through a rabbit hole perhaps? At the very end of the rabbit hole, we had a MAD tea party! With Chinese lanterns, and streamers, and every tea cup different than the next! All we were missing was The hatter himself!


For the Main entree we served a creamy garlic Alfredo pasta with sauteed tomatoes, and pan seared ham in the shape of a smile! We toasted pita bread with olive oil and rosemary for ears and fresh cherry tomatoes for eyes....can you see a cat like resemblance?
Cheshire baby!


The salad was so good! we had a baby spring mix salad with fresh cantaloupe and kiwis, all lightly drizzled with a blush wine vinaigrette. It was light and fruity and a perfect predecessor to the pasta!

This is a close up shot of the table scape...SO FREAKING CUTE!


I took the photo...everyone agreed. A fabulous event! What a sight to behold!

We finished the evening off by a trip to the theater to watch the new Alice in Wonderland.
It was awesome. Totally inspiring. From my mad tea part to yours.....
OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute idea...awesome execution. You little fancy pants.

Aiden and Josh said...

OH Megan it all looks so fabulous! How I wish I could be back in school when awesome stuff like that was going on all the time! Maybe I just need an excuse to do something like this now. Hmmmm. How festive you are!