Friday, March 27, 2009

Birthdays are for Haters

So Tyler and I are having birthdays pretty soon here, and I am not sure whether to be excited about it, or dread it. I mean I am turning 23. Now that's not old at all, at least in my opinion, however when I look back to my younger years and what I Had hoped to be doing with my life, it was not this.
You know how they make you do those exercises in young woman's where you write your self a letter to open when you are 21 or something? Well I am one of those dorky people who actually kept it and opened it. Did I think I would be scrubbing toilets and in an eternal ring of mac and cheese and Homework? H no! OH! Excuse me I forgot I am almost 23 now, HELL NO! I did not think it would take me until I am 26 to have a degree, that I would be poor beyond all get out, or that I would be living in a place as cold as Wesley Snipes soul. I did not think that I would be any where near where I am currently in this stage of life. BLEH. Dreams suck. I mean I have lots of dreams. What are the likelihood of them actually coming true? Will I ever be able to have a romantic rendezvous in a tree house in the jungle with candles everywhere while my sexy man lover and do the hibidee dibidee? Will I ever be able to be that perfectly hot x girlfriend you run into at the mall and your jaw drops as you think Wow, I should not have let her go, she is smokin! Will I ever live in London and go to the french riviera for a break from my ever so hectic glamorous designer life, while Charles the yacht deck hand rubs oil on my back? Will I ever be able to wear shorts and flats in the summer without hesitation? Will I ever be able to buy designer clothes at full price and not from a discount shelf at down east? Where is the love people? One year older and wiser too? Yeah freakin right, more like one year older, fatter, and bitter too!
Don't get me wrong, I am not sad to grow old, that doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is the realization that although it may seem that I am growing older I am not really progressing past the age part. Same spot, Same life, same poor factor, and same goals. Nothing is moving, if anything its like I have been paused and now the ghetto VCR is stuck and its on a really ugly frame. Like me wide open mouth and nostrils flaring, that's attractive.
Anyway, as I sit here and contemplate the life I am in right now, I cannot help but think how it would be much worse if I lived in Louisianan. At least I don't live there, then my life would really suck! Ha Ha Ha ......WINK!

5 comments:

The Gruwells said...

oh mylanta! good heavens child... at least you know it could be worse! you could be me!! i love your guts!

Kateastrophe said...

As cold as Wesley Snipes soul??? I just peed a little with joy.

Louisiana IS pretty bad. I mean, seriously.

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean...I am about to be 23 also and I also did the lame YW letter...I failed...but I think I'm happier reveling in my failure. I'd rather have Adam than do many of the things I dreamed of doing. Also...you are the hot ex...you are gorgeous. And...what if yacht guy is smelly...you do want smelly guy rubbin you up...gross. You are lucky even if things are what you'd hoped...perhaps, in one way or another, they are actually better.

Kateastrophe said...

Oh and PS . . . wait until the horrible 29 is looming. Oh the PAIN!

The Gruwells said...

happy birthday!!!