Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lake Tahoooooooooo

For Fam vaca this year...we went to Lake Tahoe. It was my first time ever. I was skeptical..i thought to myself why in the world would I drive to California with 9 other people to see a lake in the mountains...can't we just drive to Deer creek and be there in a flash?
Turns out its not bad at all. In fact its beautiful and it was worth every second of the 9 hour drive through nothingness in the blazing heat. The following are pics from the trip. In no particular order.


We drove to see the giant redwoods! It was SOOO cool! This is no where near the biggest ones...its just the one we parked next too. I felt like I was in Star Wars for some reason...I honestly though that an ewok was going to wander by and offer me some bark to suck on.


Back in Middle School Days my best friend Meggy and I would do this work out routine...we were a real crowd pleaser. Turns out my family thought Ty and I were pretty funny too!





Pioneers cut this out of the tree to drive through it....can't go over it, can't go under it, can't go around it....wait, wouldn't that have been easier than THROUGH it? Maybe they were delirious from crossing the Nevada desert because its just that pretty. right.


We are standing in the roots of a tree that tipped over. Its that big. oh wow.


Oldest and youngest sisters!


All the siblings in one place. We don't look alike.
Note: My hair color has lessened from cartoon color.


My attempt at hiking to a waterfall ended up with Ty playing Sherpa.
He uses 13% less fuel and is #1 in quality control, with the smoothest ride available.
Yours for only a lifetime of payments at a ridiculous interest rate.


Its called the Burger lounge and its PHENOMENAL! I love pesto fries! You should too!!


The Whole Fam Damily.




summoning our eagle powers.


Emerald Bay, part of the lake through the moving car window. Apparently those signs that say Slow tight switchbacks 35 MPH.....those don't apply to my dad. Last time I checked 60 was no where near 35's neck of the woods. Time to get those bifocals checked.


Right after he threw 60 soda cans in the lake and kicked a baby duck. Ha ha Just Kidding.


Eating at the burger lounge...they encourage you to eat fast because their tables are 300 degrees hence my sister's most beautifullest face, and by making sure the shade from the umbrellas hits the concrete surrounding the table that is bolted to the floor, but no the actual table itself. Awesome.



All in all it was a great trip and I love spending time with my fam. I miss them terribly and its so nice to be with them. My uncle flew in from Oklahoma and it was great to spend time with him. My wardrobe thinks so too. Sometimes I can't help but feel like my family could not be anymore embarrassing, but then I remember that they are mine forever, and days like this don't come around very often. The weather is beautiful, the air is sweet and my family is laughing. There is no greater joy.

3 comments:

Mike and Jess said...

Looks like you had a blast! Glad to have you back though....

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun!

Meganps said...

ok the pictures of you guys doing the legs thing are hilarious and make me so happy. i'm happy you had fun but happier you're back - you should come down here soon.