Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving slash December

Thanksgiving this year was fab. I was the hostess. Let me tell you, Monica Geller-Bing, and Bree Van De Camp-Hodge make things look so much easier than they are. Despit my bestest efforts to be oh so prepared and produce a fabulous meal with a lovely and enchanting table setting, there were a few hic-ups. However We powered through and it turned out Lovely! So good and so much fun. My favorite part was the Sparkling Cider....it makes me feel so fancy! My mother in Law rocked the bird and My divine friend Jess literally helped me with everything from start to finish! What a gem! She was my saving grace this year! The boys were so great to do all the clean up so us girls could run to Old Navy for some killer deals! Ty even let me buy somethings for myself! I was so happy!

After the madness of the holiday and working the whole time, We are back to regular scheduled days. I HATE IT. I have so much to do and so much to accomplish before the beginning of next week! AHHHH! I want it to be over so bad! I am so excited to have a break! Believe me Ty and I need one. Thanksgiving was fun....but super stressful and there was so much crap to do at the inn, it was definitely no break. Someday I swear we are going to take a real vacation without feeling guilty for missing work!

So until the hell ends....We are over and out!

5 comments:

Meganps said...

i am excited for next week when you are down here all the time!

Mike and Jess said...

Thanksgiving was wonderful! Thanks for letting us be a part of your tradition, we had so much fun! Let's plan Spring Break and then we can both have something to look forward to....(well, except my 2 week trip to brazilian paradise). Ha. That was mean...sorry...let's plan spring break!

Unknown said...

I'm impressed. I'm too chicken to host TG...I'm sure I'll cave because we have a big kitchen and a lot of fam still haven't seen our place...but I don't know if I can pull it off.

The Gruwells said...

so proud of your homemakerness... you rock my world!

Aiden and Josh said...

Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving! I also hosted this year and although it was stressful and tramatic, it was fabulous!! I'm glad it well for you too!!