Saturday, January 24, 2009

Let's talk about S baby..

Let's talk about STRESS baby, let's talk about you and me....
Seriously though. What is stress? Stress is what I look like every minute of the day. Stress is what makes my ever so relaxed, smart, analytical husband fold like a lawn chair. SMACK! Down for the count and he ain't resurfacing till the sun is shining and I have reclaimed all the pieces of the mess whilst going blind gluing each tiny piece back together. Stress is me writing this post at 3:30 in the morning. Stress is the reason that at 22 I feel the need to use an age defying face wash and moisturizer. Do wrinkles exist at 22? Honey please, wrinkles exist at all times in the land of Megan. Whether butt or face, same diff still there! Stress is why while I should be sleeping right now, I can't. I am too wound up. Stress is why my A word won't quit and my upper arms wave back to me. Stress is why I have given up on what used to be great group of friends and is now divided into the Montague's, and the Capulet's. Stress is why I can multi-task like the British are coming. I remember as a wee young lass, thinking how wonderful it would be to have a husband. He would be there for me. He would bring me flowers and buy me presents. He would do the dishes and make me romantic dinners. So what happened? I will tell you what happened! The minute I married him, an invisible tattoo was placed on my forehead that says "may I please have another job?" Now for all of you who could see this...Rude I hate you for not telling me it was there. And as for me, I have taken up Rastafarian hats. What is it about men, that the second it gets a little hairy they hit the ground running, it's like the little roadrunner cartoon, only we are the coyote's and the anvils are stacks of dishes and laundry. Don't worry though, I have a plan! A plan! A Plan! guess what it is? I will be the best wife, friend, student, housekeeper, mother (someday), employee, designer, daughter, and sister. Then I am going to be committed. Because there I will be able to sit in the peace and quiet, eat a prepared meal while it is still warm, and read twilight as much as I want, and with a jumpsuit, i will have no stress picking out what I will be wearing the next day. I will lounge on my cot and listen to the sweet sound of insane silence.

2 comments:

The Gruwells said...

oh the discombobulated mess of my meggie. i hear you girl! and i couldn't sleep last night either. we were on the same messed up wave length apparently. don't stress, life has a beautiful way of working itself out. LOVE

Kateastrophe said...

HAHAHAHHA. Your brain works like MY brain.

Oh and good luck with that whole no stress in your life bit. Let me know how that works out and then send me the directions!